Are you looking for a good mapping application component to use in your application. It should have good graphics and should be easy to use??
you want to display your data on a World or a local map. Just like Google maps or Live Maps but free of cost??
The solution to the above problem exists with the name of Worldkit
worldKit is an easy to use and flexible mapping application for the Web. Light weight GIS. It’s a SWF based app, configured by XML, data fed by RSS. Stand-alone use or integration in larger projects.
Some of the Features of Worldkit
- Ubiquitous use in the Flash Player and with RSS feeds.
- Highly configurable look and feel. Can use images for marking annotations.
- Integrates with weblogging tools, and any software producing RSS.
- Displays photos within the map.
- Zoom & Pan. Integrates with Zoomify for high resolution images, and WMS Sources.
- Lines and Polygons. Time Navigation.
- Accepts input for Collaborative Cartography & GeoWiki.
- GPS track routes.
Basically its a flash application which can take data from RSS feeds directly or from an XML file as specified by us.
It also shows the night and day lights on the same image.
It has got a specified configuration format.
The tool has already been used at many sites around the web and the complete list can be found on Examples page.