The Jetspeed 2.2.0 release is a major release of the Jetspeed-2 portal and is the first release of Jetspeed that is fully compliant with the Java Portlet Specification 2.0. With this new version of Jetspeed.
See Latest jetspeed in action demo
Use the username admin connects using the password j2
New Features in Version 2.2.0
- Portlet API 2.0 Support and Compliance
- Passes Java Portlet 2.0 Test Compatibility Kit test suite
- Inter-Portlet Communication via Events
- New High Speed Preferences Database Storage
- New Extensible Security Model with LDAP Synchronization
- Improved Documentation including 5 New Guides (Users Guide, Admin Guide, Developers Guide, Build Guide, Deploy Guide)
- New Improved Administrative Portlets
- New Skins
- New Maven-2 Custom Build
- Updated Tutorial for New Maven-2 Custom Build
- Enterprise (EAR) Deployments for Websphere 6.1
- Multi-facted Authentication with Captcha and Personal Questions
- Integrated with latest Pluto 2.0.0
- Improved Single Signon Architecture (SSO)
Apache Portals Applications
Portals Team also co-releasing a new sub-project at Apache Portals: Apache Portals Applications.
It has few portlet applications, that can be used out-of box.
A collection portlets that are beyond categorization into applications and are completely portable to the Portlet API (1.0 or 2.0) .
A portlet application dedicated to demonstrating different portal technologies like Portals Bridges .
A portlet application dedicated to RSS-based portlet development.
A portlet application dedicated to the development and database portlet development including scrollable lists and data entry forms.
A portlet application dedicated to the development of Web Content rewriting and IFrame based web content.
Utilities used to setup and deploy logging for portlet and simple web applications.