Want to add a cool forum in your .net application?
A forum where users can perform all the functions which are being used in the latest applications available till now?
An opensource project YetAnotherForum.NET is the answer to the questions raised above.
YetAnotherForum.NET (YAF) is a Open Source discussion forum or bulletin board system for web sites running ASP.NET.
Features of YAF
- 100% C# ASP.NET
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005 database support.
- User configurable cultures. See dates and numbers the way you are used to.
- All dates and times in local time zone for registered users.
- Unlimited number of categories, forums and messages.
- Includes private messaging and private messaging notification features.
- Possibility to hide forums when user has no access.
- Unlimited user groups, with option to automatically promote users based on number of posts.
- Access rights based on groups.
- Polls can be added to posts.
- Administrators can mass email to all users or specific group.
- Template for easy integration with your current site design.
- Web based administration.
- Member list.
- Move topics to other forums.
- Active topics list.
- Active users list.
- Print topics.
- Email topics.
- Setup moderators with the ability to moderate topics, posts and users signatures.
- Watch forums or topics for new posts.
- View and delete subscriptions from the user control panel.
- Change password in control panel.
- Recover lost passwords.
- Supports smileys/emoticons.
- Quick and easy installation.
- IP banning.
- Points for points system.
- Multiple boards support.
- Comes with many themes to choose from.
- Supports common “Rich Text Editors” including FreeTextBox and FCKEditor.
Just go the the home page of the project , download the setup and install it in your project environment. And enjoy a cool forum capabilities in your application.